Sacramento, CA. — Over 200 women business owners, Agency and Congressional Staff celebrated the 20 year process of reaching the 5% Women Owned Small Business Contracting Goal together.
Esteemed speakers and guests honoring the Women Owned Small Business Federal Procurement Program included:
– The Honorable Maria Contreras-Sweet, Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration: “This is no longer the goal, but a foundation to build upon”
– Congresswoman Nydia Velázquez (NY), Ranking Member, House Small Business Committee: “When you need to put economy back on track, let women do what they do best – run businesses²
– Congresswoman Jackie Speier (CA), U.S. Representative, California¹s 14th District
– Congresswoman Barbara Lee (CA), U.S. Representative, California¹s 13th District
– Congresswoman Cheri Bustos (IL), U.S. Representative, Illinois 17th District
– Susan Sobbott, President, Global Commercial Payments, American Express: “We’ve done one lap, but the race has just begun and I’m proud to be a part of it!”
– Barbara Kasoff, Founder and President Emeritus, Women Impacting Public Policy: “Then, we were trying to get a seat at a table and now we are at the head of a table! How far have women come.²
AttainIt was one of several woman-owned small businesses photographed to commemorate the event and AttainIt’s role in achieving the first woman-owned small business federal contract in the U.S. Please follow the link to see the pictures from the reception.